Goal achieved!!

Goal achieved!!

Earned it

Earned it

What's this all about?

In the fall of 2009 I came up with this crazy idea to continue to challenge myself physically.  I'm in my fourth year of running an event a month (or snowshoeing, or biking...), plus I've run 3 half marathons.  Combining all of that as inspiration I decided to up the ante and challenge myself to run a list of half marathons.  I love travel and I love the challenge of running, so I came up with not one, but two, lists of 13 half marathons.  Why 13?  Well, 13 is my birthdate and my lucky number, and a half marathon is 13.1 miles.  I know it sounds a little crazy--half crazy--but I'm committed to giving this a shot!



Friday, March 26, 2010

Catch up

I modified my training plan this week so that I could add a 5K this coming Sunday. I have kept track of all of the runs that I've done and this will be my 50th event. I will be at the Saint Patrick's Day Human Race at the University of Saint Thomas in Saint Paul and run down Summit Avenue! Wish me luck, I'm going to attempt to blow my 5K PR out of the water!

To make this work I had the brilliant idea to run my long run this morning. Before work. Eight miles. Another crazy moment on this journey, I'd say! Anyhow, I was running by about ten to six... My oatmeal tasted SO good this morning after all that effort!

My right IT band is tight, would that be from running the track counterclockwise?

No comments:

Post a Comment