Goal achieved!!

Goal achieved!!

Earned it

Earned it

What's this all about?

In the fall of 2009 I came up with this crazy idea to continue to challenge myself physically.  I'm in my fourth year of running an event a month (or snowshoeing, or biking...), plus I've run 3 half marathons.  Combining all of that as inspiration I decided to up the ante and challenge myself to run a list of half marathons.  I love travel and I love the challenge of running, so I came up with not one, but two, lists of 13 half marathons.  Why 13?  Well, 13 is my birthdate and my lucky number, and a half marathon is 13.1 miles.  I know it sounds a little crazy--half crazy--but I'm committed to giving this a shot!



Sunday, March 14, 2010

Eighty laps!!!!!!

I came back from the Cities this afternoon and was enjoying the sunshine, that is until I got to within a few miles of Buffalo Lake and hit a wall of fog. Remember I was hoping to run outside? The fog was super thick, then got better near Birch Coulie and the east side of Beaver looked good. I was starting to think "no problem"... But the west side of Beaver by the farm was experiencing a bit of "fog on, fog off" so I decided not to be a car vs. runner statistic and went to the RACC. No fog once I crossed the river, by the way.

The deeper I got into my miles the busier it got, thought I might be eating a 4-Her before I was done but I started speaking up and asking them to step off the track. Worked for the most part, at least if there are any missing 4-Hers it's not my fault...

Uhh, ten miles at the RACC is eighty friggin' laps people! Ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty, sixty, seventy and then eighty! Oh my. Felt pretty good throughout most of the run. Legs are shredded now and I'm gonna try to use the roller before I get some sleep. Ugh.

Ugh to daylight savings today also... Spring ahead feels a bit like whiplash to people who are up early (note I didn't say morning people, cuz I'm not one!).

No comments:

Post a Comment