



My journey through 26 half marathons
In the fall of 2009 I came up with this crazy idea to continue to challenge myself physically. I'm in my fourth year of running an event a month (or snowshoeing, or biking...), plus I've run 3 half marathons. Combining all of that as inspiration I decided to up the ante and challenge myself to run a list of half marathons. I love travel and I love the challenge of running, so I came up with not one, but two, lists of 13 half marathons. Why 13? Well, 13 is my birthdate and my lucky number, and a half marathon is 13.1 miles. I know it sounds a little crazy--half crazy--but I'm committed to giving this a shot!
So here's the lists:
a work in progress.
13 in Europe
1. Budapest - Sept. 5, 2010--2:36:14
2. Stockholm - Sept. 11, 2010--2:35:17
3. Iceland - Reykjavik - August
4. Ireland - Dublin - October
5. Germany - Nuremberg - October
6. France - Paris - March
7. Austria - Vienna - April
8. Italy - Rome - February
9. Norway - Oslo - September
10. Switzerland
11. Czech Republic - Prague - March
12. Great Britain - London - September
13. Belgium/Luxembourg
13 in North America (outside MN)
1. St. Louis, MO - Apr. 11, 2010--3:17:31
2. Lincoln, NE - May 2, 2010--2:40:25
3. Seattle - June
4. Philadelphia - September
5. Chicago - August
6. Maine - Portland - October
7. Prince Edward Island - Charlottetown - October
8. Iowa - Marathon - June
9. New Orleans - February
10. Wisconsin - Menomonie
11. Alaska
12. Hawaii
13. Boston
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Helen Keller
Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.
T.S. Elliot
Go like hell.
Gary Wiltscheck
You must do the things you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Unless you faint, puke or die--KEEP WALKING!
Jillian Michaels
Training for St. Paddy's day is almost as difficult as training for my half marathon!
Laurel Weilage
No comments:
Post a Comment